The main goal of the ShapiNG III project is to continue and extend the work started in the ShapiNG II project, namely the development of activities in the
field of manufacturing, within EIT RIS countries. The motivation and raise the interest of young Europeans, with a special focus on females, is being
achieved with activities in the field of manufacturing, such as seminars and workshops, open days, and summer schools. During the second year of the
project, the ShapiNG II focused on secondary school students (ages 12-18). For ShapiNG III, the objective is fourfold:
1. Extend the number of schools visited
2. Extend the consortium partners
3. Integrate a STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics approach in all activities
4. Start preparing training of the demonstrators and workshop activities for the high school teachers
EXPECTED PROJECT RESULTS
- Expand the multi-partner European network of Smart Manufacturing Demonstrators to engage society and Pupils.
- Expand the shared materials, with focus on a STEAM approach, used in activities, such as seminars & workshops, open days and summer schools
- Empower researchers, PhD and MSc Students in manufacturing industry related fields to communicate with society, especially with school teachers and
- Empower school teachers with the tools and information to be able to use the available materials created within the ShapiNG network in their classrooms.
- Offer school students the opportunity to have contact with different real work situations in the manufacturing sector and raise their awareness for future
career paths in the field.
- Contribute to the promotion of entrepreneurial spirit among young students, as it plays a vital role in the labour market.
- Offer seminars directed for girls with the goal of raising awareness for the multiple opportunities within the manufacturing field for women, as well as
provide information of the women already working in the field.